iTuned into the O.C.
In the fledgling days of the (s)Wheat Spot!, you could have mistaken me for an evil viral marketing tool for Fox to promote the O.C.'s new season, and, more importantly, the Season 1 DVD's. Lately, I'm sure you realize that I'm more of a jet-setting man-about-the-nation-kind-of-guy.Never fear, though because while the O.C. has not been running consistent new episodes, they're back this week. Set your VCRs on Stun!
If that's not enough (and, for me, it never is), there's a new Music from the O.C. mix out. Songs of note: A.C. Newman's "On the Table", arguably the second-best song on his album, "The Slow Wonder" (the first being "Come Crash" by a landslide - I will accept no arguments!); Sufjan Stephens - an increasingly-known nu-folk artist for those of you who like your damien rice with a chaser of weirdo (not to mention the fact that Sufjan is a Christian, as far as I know).
There's also a song off the new Beck album, Guero, called Scarecrow. It's not my favorite on the album, but it's good, and very O.C.! So there.
I'm attaching some Sufjan Stevens mp3s. Enjoy.
Sufjan Stevens - Sister, off Seven Swans
Sufjan Stevens - That Was the Worst Christmas Ever

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home