Akron/Family tonight in Austin - Cat Power tonight in my Head
So, (s)Wheat Spot! faves Akron/Family are playing at Emo's tonight, and I'm all giddy inside. I saw these guys when other (s)Wheat Spot! faves Pilotdrift opened for them [and Angels of Light] in the Spring, and they blew me away. They have an amazing live show.If you're near the ATX, look for me there. Hopefully pics will follow. Song follows now.
Dylan pt.2 [via An Aquarium Drunkard - a good blog with a great Wilco-reference name]
Also...
Listened to the new Cat Power album, 'The Greatest' about a million times today and yesterday, and I keep going back and forth between thinking it's bound to be one of the best albums of 2006 [or as I told Brett, "the Illinois of 2006"], and thinking that it teeters on overdoing it.
My favorite ditty on the album [other than the title track, which you can get here] is the hauntingly sad 'Lived in Bars'. Enjoy.
Cat Power - Lived in Bars [via the CAMERA As PEN]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home