Friday, December 09, 2005

It's Christmas, Kids

I absolutely love Christmas. Yes, it's over-commmercialized, and yes, I think that these uber-activist Conservatives who wanted to boycott retailers who omit Merry Christmas from their advertisements are putting their efforts in the wrong place, but otherwise, it's a good time.



One of my favorite things about Christmas is the music. It's so joyful. Last year, Stereogum linked a great Indie Christmas album that I listened to all season. Well, this year, you can enjoy enough Christmas music to make your ears bleed tears of Christmas joy!



Irresponsible Journalism has all of Sufjan Stevens' Christmas Albums for your immediate download.
Test Pilot has a bunch of Indie [and not so Indie] Artists doing pop-Christmas tunes. And they do have The Raveonettes - The Christmas Song, which is one of my favorites from last year.
Sounds Are Active has the Krismus Karols album [incl. (s)Wheat Spot fave Half-Handed Cloud].
I'm boycotting Krismus Karols though, because they took "Christ" out of Christmas by spelling it with a 'K'. Are they with the KKK?

The Arcade Fire - Jingle Bell Rock [from Test Pilot's Mix]
Christmas 1979 - Jingle Bells [from Sounds Are Active's 'Krismus Karols'].

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're basically my favorite person in the world. i'll definitely return the link love as often as possible. (bossblog)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home