Backstroke of the West
Check this out!Apparently, some dude bought a Chinese DVD of Star Wars Episode III, and the rest was mistranslation history.
Some of my favorites:
You and I know this stuff happens all the time, and now someone has documented it for us on www.engrish.com. Apparently, the Japanese are the worst perpetrators of English mistranslation, a la "All Your Base Are Belong to Us!!!"
In other news, my housemates and I made the news about a stabbing that happened at our house twenty years ago:
The house at 704 West Elizabeth, painted lavender now, with an overgrown aloe vera plant flopped toward the street, is home to three recent college graduates who knew nothing of what happened there 20 years ago and could hardly imagine so many strangers packed into their three-bedroom, one-bath residence.
Courtesy of the Daily Texan
And FYI, it's an overgrown Yucca plant, Mr. Smarty Pants reporter, and we live in a 4/2!

3 Comments:
I'm a blogger (www.resawrites.blogspot.com). You should read my first post. I also just notice that I have the pink version of your layout. Oops.
Like the blog, Teresa.
Such a compliment!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home