Wednesday, May 11, 2005

So, I guess it's cool to buy stamps again...



I'm running to the cool, new, hip USPS post office right now!

Apparently they have wised up and settled their lawsuit with the music group The Postal Service (Above L to R: Jimmy Tamborello and Ben Gibbard) for Trademark infringement (i.e. using the words Postal Service for their band name). The terms? The Seattle-based band and their record label, Sub Pop, can continue using their moniker, and the Postal Service, the guys who actually bring you mail, get to use certain Postal Service (the band) songs for advertising campaigns.

Apparently, in the wake of competition with the new-fangled Internets, the USPS has been desparately trying to regain their market share with the ever-elusive 18-24 age group, who prefer e-mail (electronic mail) to traditional postage ("snail mail").

Man, the Postal Service is so hot right now!

3 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger mattclack said...

Our local post office closed down. Good riddance, I say! They had terrible postal service.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger mattclack said...

One time in college I wrote a paper about the behavior of people standing in line at the post office. While I read it in front of the class, I made them all stand in line.

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's clever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home