Friday, May 13, 2005

Legal Addictive Stimulants!

Normally I'm a commuter. 30+ minutes to San Marcos everyday. Gives me time to relax, ease myself into the morning with Eklektikos on KUT, the NPR station in Austin. On the evening drive, it's All Things Considered, the news show with tons of great human interest stories.

Now, with school out, and your friendly neighborhood campus minister having studying to do, I've made a shift from San Marcos' Mocha's & Java's to Jo's right here in the good ol' 78704.



Highlights:
1. All outdoor seating with a great view of SoCo and it's people.

2. Iced Toddy Coffee. Take notes, other bean establishments (M&J/Starbucks): Iced Coffee is not to be made from hot coffee stuck in the fridge at the end of the day. It's different, and you have to brew it cold. Like Coors Light.

3. Friendly locals and their dogs.

4. Across the street from Amy's Ice Cream, Zen Japanese Food Fast, D&L's Texas Music Cafe, and a tattoo place. I can have lunch, dinner, dessert and get a tattoo without having to turn on my car.

I find Jo's to be the anti-Mocha's.
Mocha's = All Indoor Seating --- Jo's = All Outdoor, my friend.
Mocha's = Hot coffee on ice --- Jo's = Cold brewed for that smooth, cold, Rocky Mountain taste.
Mocha's = Students Studying --- Jo's = Jobless/aimless Austin indie-yuppie types.

Plus, they're both named after nicknames for coffee.

Jo's: It's a good place to make a May, but I don't want to be there when the rain starts falling.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger mattclack said...

Am I an indie-yuppie because I am jobless/aimless?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger paul said...

No, Matt. You're an indie-yuppie because you are currently NOT jobless, and most of your aim goes toward seeing movies and hearing music that is out of the mainstream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home