What's Your Valentine Playlist?
It's 12:06 am, February 15th officially, but for me it's the epilogue to a great Valentine's evening. Those don't come easily with a long-distance relationship.I'm linking stereogum's valentine playlist, and I'm listing one of my own. Now any playlist/mix CD maker worth his salt knows a little something about themes. They're everything. This theme is Distance. Here it is.
1. La Cienga Just Smiled - Ryan Adams - Gold
2. My Lovely - Eisley - Room Noises
3. Via Chicago - Wilco - Summer Teeth
4. Golden Hour - Midlake - Milkmaid Grand Army EP
5. Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen - Songs
6. Northern Sky - Nick Drake - Bryter Later
7. Transatlanticism - Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
8. Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell
9. Always See Your Face - Love - High Fidelity Soundtrack
10. Rocket Man - Elton John - Greatest Hits [ed 2-15 "Honky Chateau"=album name, sorry Brett for not keeping it real]
11. Half a World Away - R.E.M. - Out of Time
12. Everything Will Be Alright - The Killers - Hot Fuss
13. Radio Cure - Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14. Lover, You Should Have Come Over - Jeff Buckley - Grace
15. If You See Her, Say Hello - Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
16. Rosemary's Song - Adam Carroll - Lookin' Out the Screen Door
17. Rock N Roll - Ryan Adams - Rock N Roll
18. The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles - 1967-1970
Couple of things I noticed: Some long songs (6 over 5 min., 2 over 6 min.). I was forced to break my rule of not putting two songs from the same artist not once, but twice! (Ryan Adams, Wilco)
If you can, you should give these songs a listen. If you know me and run into me and think about it, you can give me a CD, and I'll burn it for you. Or you could just post your own in the comments section. Just tell us the theme, keep it about Valentines (I don't care if it's over), and have fun.

3 Comments:
Paul... Elton John, Rocket Man, Greatest Hits??? The Greatest Hits reference seems like a broken mix tape rule if I've ever heard one. Aren't you supposed to always reference the original appearance, unless the version is different?
Elton John, Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time), Honky Chateau.
All in all a good mix though. I feel far from you, and we share adjoining walls.
What about Colin Hay-just don't think I'll ever get over you?? The garden state soundtrack made us all a whole lot cooler I think...
I'm not cool enough to hang with that mix cd paul.. I may need a copy asap. Birth of a Hipster perhaps??
Michaelwrice
Change the damn template by the way! My eyes are burning!
Post a Comment
<< Home