Friday, September 23, 2005

Everything Hits at Once

So, I woke up this morning without an ACL ticket. My plan was to try and scheme a Sunday ticket from a scalper or something. The only big problem: I had to see Bloc Party on Saturday night. What to do? Craig's List, my friend.

By 10am, I had found a 3 day pass for sale for $75, and I bit. Just a few minutes later, I had a ticket in hand, thinking about what time to head to the ACL fest. What a wonderful world wide web!

So, here's my promise to you: Impy Threes and Pics from the Austin City Limits Festival.



Episode 1: Friday night - Spoon/Keane


Spoon on the AMD stage Friday (9/23/05) at the Austin City Limits Music Fest


Spoon's Britt Daniels

The Spoon show was great. Best of theirs I've seen. Britt Daniels was loving it, and the hometown crowd was singing along. They played a good mix between Gimme Fiction material, and a strong mix of Girls Can Tell ('Everything Hits at Once' 'Anything You Want' 'Me and the Bean') and Kill the Moonlight ('Paper Tiger' 'The Way We Get By' 'Small Stakes') stuff. The show came to a climax when the whole crowd sang along to 'The Way We Get By'. My only complaint is that I'd like to hear them do a few older songs off of 'Series of Sneaks' or 'Soft Effects'. Great show, though.

Spoon - Everything Hits at Once [disco mix]

I Turn My Camera On - Spoon, off Gimme Fiction [video]

In between the Spoon set and Keane, the sun was setting, and the clouds from the first wave of Hurricane Rita leftovers moved over Austin from the Southeast. It was majestic.



Keane's first few songs had the sunset-colored clouds in the background. Perfect.




Keane had an uphill battle in impressing me after Spoon. I like their stuff, but I didn't know how it would translate live. They totally won me over with their showmanship and how catchy each of their songs were. One thing I do know is that Brits know how to work a crowd.

Keane - She Opens Her Eyes [rare 7" B-Side Rapidshare mp3]

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know [iTunes video].

Watch the videos of Keane @ AOL Music

3 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Teresa said...

I got your message. I'm very happy for you. Let me know how Bloc Party goes. I wish I could see them.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger paul said...

My #1 goal of tomorrow is to be as close as possible for Bloc Party.

More pics for you!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger seth said...

So bummed I had to miss Friday...the Keane are awesome pics...man. Well played.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home